Please read the entire listing before ordering. - This is a repair service.
1990-92 Chevy Camaro Speedometer Circuit Board. Repair Service
- You send your circuit board to be repaired and tested. (Do not send the whole gauge cluster, or the speedometer).
- We will repair your circuit board and test it for proper operation.
- The service includes all parts and labor (all capacitors, diodes, resistors, will be replaced, crystal oscillator, odometer driver IC, as needed).
- Includes all labor.
- Your order will include a detailed repair report.
- If your circuit board is not repairable, we will return it to you and refund your payment less $10.00 for handling.
- We absorb the risk of it not being repairable. (Parts and labor.)
- Your only risk is shipping cost + $10.00 handling fee if the circuit board is not repairable.
The vast majority of circuit boards received for service have been successfully repaired. We will replace and upgrade resistors, diodes, capacitors, and (if needed) the crystal oscillator, odometer driver IC. Some proprietary components and their firmware may not available and therefore cannot be replaced.
Speedometer malfunction or failure can be caused by a number of different causes. The most common cause is the Speedometer circuit board. However, proper system diagnosis should be done to assure the circuit board is the problem. This board is located in the gauge cluster near the speedometer.
To order this service:
- Download and print this form ►►► 1990-92 Camaro speedometer circuit board repair service form (PDF) ◄◄◄. If you don't have a printer, write the information on a piece of paper to include with your circuit board.
- Purchase the service by adding it to your cart and completing checkout.
- Follow the instruction on the form you downloaded.
It takes about 2-3 business days for the rebuild to be completed and processed for shipping back to you. You will be updated when your circuit board is received and provided with tracking information when it is shipped back to you.
- Are you still offering this service? As of March 2023, this service is still available. (If there is an "Add to Cart" button visible, we still offering this service)
- What if my board is not repairable? If your board is not repairable, it will be returned to you, and your purchase price will be refunded minus a $10 service fee.
- How can you offer this service and not charge a diagnostic fee for boards that are not repairable? The vast majority of circuit boards received have been successfully repaired.
- Can you assist me in repairing my own board? Assistance in repairing your own board is not provided, but there are blog posts and a “do it yourself repair kit” available. No. We are not staffed for providing repair consulting.
- We also have a "do it yourself repair kit"
- I followed a blog post on how to repair my own board and after the repair when I plugged it in and turned on the ignition, it smoked and burned the board. Can you still repair it? If your board was damaged during a self-repair attempt, it may still be repairable but less likely than if this didn’t occur.
- Do you need the whole gauge cluster for the repair? Only the circuit board is needed for the repair.
For help removing the speedometer circuit board, see our blog post How to remove the 1990-92 Camaro speedometer circuit board