Please read the entire listing before ordering. - This is a repair service.
This is an expansion our our popular 1990-92 Camaro circuit board repair service. We have had several requests for this service and have successfully repaired the circuit board for these customers.
1990-92 Chevy GMC GM Speedometer Circuit Board Repair Service (Safari, Astro, Caprice, etc)
- You send us your speedometer circuit board for repair (Not the whole gauge cluster).
- We will repair your circuit board and test it for proper operation.
- Includes all parts and labor.
- Your order will include a detailed repair report
- If your circuit board is not repairable, we will return it to you and refund your payment less $10.00 for return shipping.
- We absorb the risk of it not being repairable. (Parts and labor.)
- Your only risk is your original shipping costs + a $10.00 handling fee if the circuit board is not repairable.
Most circuit boards are repairable. We will replace and upgrade resistors, diodes, capacitors, and (if needed) the crystal oscillator. Some proprietary components and their firmware may not available and therefore cannot be replaced.
To order this service:
- Download and print this form ►►► 1990-92 Chevy, GMC, GM speedometer circuit board repair service form (PDF)◄◄◄. If you don't have a printer, write the information on a piece of paper to include with your circuit board.
- Purchase the service (add it to your cart and complete checkout.)
- Follow the instruction on the form you downloaded.
- That is it. We will let you know when we received your circuit board, and update you on the progress of the repair.
It takes @ 2 days for the rebuild to be completed and processed to ship back to you. We will update you when we receive your circuit board and provide tracking information when it is shipped back to you.
1990-92 General Motors Speedometer systems are different depending on the model year. Speedometer malfunction or failure can be caused by a number of different causes. The most common cause is the Speedometer circuit board. This board is located in the gauge cluster near the speedometer. However, proper system diagnosis should be done to assure the circuit board is the problem.
- Are you still offering this service? Yes. As of July 2022, this service is still available. (If there is an "Add to Cart" button visible, we still offering this service)
- What if my board is not repairable? Then we will return your board to you, refund your purchase price less $10.00 handling fee.
- How can you offer this service and not charge a diagnostic fee for boards that are not repairable? 95% of the circuit boards we have received have been repairable.
- Can you assist me in repairing my own board? No. We are not staffed for providing repair consulting. We have a couple blog posts about the 1990-92 Camaro Speedometer that may assist you in repairing your speedometer. The Camaro circuit board is similar to other GM models of the same years.
- We also have a "do it yourself" repair kit linked below.
- I followed a blog post on how to repair my own board and after the repair when I plugged it in and turned on the ignition, it smoked and burned the board. Can you still repair it? This is surprisingly common. We can probably still repair your board, but less likely than if this didn't occur. The more damage the board has, the less likely it is repairable.
- Do you need the whole gauge cluster for the repair? No. We have everything needed to properly diagnose, repair, and test the circuit board.