Please read the entire listing before ordering to ensure you order the correct circuit board.
1990-92 Chevy Camaro Speedometer Circuit Board Repair Kit. Works for both 110 MPH and 145 MPH.
Replacement speedometer circuit board kit includes:
- New speedometer Circuit Board (PCB) with an odometer plug
- New resistors, capacitors, diode, crystal oscillator
- A new odometer motor driver Integrated Circuit
- A new odometer wiring harness plug
To install this kit, you will need to have some skills and tools:
- You will need to be able to de-solder the two IC chips from your old circuit board and solder them onto the replacement circuit board.
- If your old circuit board has the early version of the odometer plug, you will need to replace it with the new included plug.
To order the correct circuit board:
- View the image below that shows the back of the circuit board this kit is meant to replace.
- If you are not sure which board to order, contact us using this Contact Form and we’ll be happy to help.
(Note: Option #2 is the most common.)
FAQs (IC's - integrated circuits)
- I changed the capacitor and or resistor on my circuit board and it still doesn't work. Will this fix it? The speedometer has a couple components that need to all work for the speedometer to work. If the circuit board is the problem, and the two IC's were not damaged, then this would fix it.
- How do I know this will fix my problem? Please do a proper diagnosis to determine the problem is with the circuit board (most of the time it is). When you have determined it is the circuit board, there is a 95% chance (based on our experience repairing hundreds of these boards) that this will fix the problem.
- Will this work for 145 MPH speedometers? Yes the circuit board is the same for the 110 and 145 circuit boards. The two IC's are what are calibrated different.
- Are the three IC chips available? No. GM had quite a few variations of two of the three chips. We have a supply of new old stock of one of the three chips. The firmware and the two other chips are not available.
- I don't have the tools or ability to do this type of repair. Can you help with the repair? Yes! We offer a Repair Service for those who don't have the ability to do their own repair or just don't want the hassle of this type of a repair.
I was skeptical about this product at first. I read a blog post that said it didn’t work for his board and he had to send it in for repair. But I decided to give it a try anyway. It worked fine for mine. I had no issues at all. The only tricky part was removing the chips, which required some skill and patience. Other than that, it was pretty easy to do. I’m happy with the product.
Well worth the money as no other fixes I could find worked and the board cost less than buying a used cluster and hoping it's board was good. Having a 'hot air rework station' will make your life 100x easier doing this but it can be done with just a solder removal kit.
Worked Perfect Fast Shipping Great Company
This part is not available anywhere else but here. I though I would be out of luck for my 92 Camaro 145 speedometer working. Board worked perfectly. The hard part was unsoldering my old chips. Purchase an inexpensive solder removal kit on Amazon. Took my time and the job came out very nice. Speedometer is back to working condition. Thank very much for making this part available!